- Objavljeno Torek, 14 Februar 2017 07:27
World Federation of Tourist Guide Associations was established on Feb 21, 1985. In 1989, the federation suggested to declare February 21 as International Tourist Guide Day.
The objectives of the day are several:
- Enhance the image of the Guides
- Make Tourist Guides themselves aware of their role
- Inform the public of what Guiding is all about
- Make people aware of their cultural and environmental heritage
- Make people aware of the problems Tourist guides face (traffic, security etc.)
- Bring people closer to our profession through professionalism
- Give direct messages to the public on issues concerning the Tourist Industry
- Protect the environment and cultural heritage through professional management of groups
The tours that guides organize are all free of charge.
Let us be proud of our peace ambassadorial role!