I am a passionate traveller with a more than twenty years of working experience in tourism. I worked as a tourist guide already in ex Yugoslavia and today I continue in our independent Slovenia. I am more than glad to present the beauties of our piece of Europe to everyone who is curious and would like to get to know us better.
Ljubljana, together with the surroundings of our capital city, and in fact the entire Slovenia boasts with insurmountable diversity. Anyone can find something of interest:
- If you are the admirer of history and architecture, we invite you to join us on our "time machine" stroll exploring the Antic-Roman period and the legacy of the Middle and New age, of the Baroque 18th Century, trying to find an answer as to why the Art Nouveau period is so rich, discovering all of the places, at which the famous architect Jože Plečnik worked, revealing how it looked during the Tito’s period in Yugoslavia and learning the today's modern architecture, being so well accepted abroad?
- Together, we can peek into many churches, which will reveal their role in the diverse every day past and present
- By reviving many crafts, we get to know the way of our (maybe even your?) grandparents' lives
- Together, we can conquer numerous well restored castles, enjoy and explore rich museums and colourful galleries...
- Would you like to know about those women of Slovenia and Ljubljana who embraced modern times, broke new ground or were even ahead of some contemporaries abroad?
- For the admirers of every-day life, I will give you insights into how we live today and I will reveal to you where and how we invigorate our body and soul. I will give you tips on where the locals stop for a good coffee, great food, where you can enjoy street concerts and other entertainment.
I will do my best to answer your questions and satisfy your curiosity on our joint exploration of what Ljubljana/Slovenia has to offer you.
On foot, by boat across Ljubljanica, by bike, by car or by bus- if you explore our country with a larger group.
- reservations for tourist points of interest
- reservations for boat trips, transportation with or without driver, romantic ride, lunch/dinner on the boats across Ljubljanica
- reservations for restaurants with diverse culinary offerings according to your wishes and foremost with Slovenian culinary specialities
- reservations for transportation: bus, vans, rent-a car
Having problems setting up a program? Let me know, write to me, inquire. Together, we can create a unique and unforgettable experience!
Welcome at my home!
Facebook: Mateja Kregar Gliha
Facebook: Green Embrace
Linkedin: Mateja Kregar Gliha